£30k-£32k depending on experience
12 month FTC
We are thrilled to be supporting a leading membership body that acts as the voice for the UK food and drinks industry. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in the food and drinks industry, to support members with queries around regulation such as food safety and health. This role plays a key role in ensuring members are advised and supported, so this role would be ideal for someone with a service driven approach.
What would my responsibilities be?
- Act as first point of contact for queries from members, the media and the public and, where necessary, refer these to the appropriate body or individual.
- Analyse, summarise and disseminate technical documents in a timely and accurate manner on food issues from UK and EU regulators and institutions.
- Draft/develop the work plan for the agreed associations in consultation with members, manage the budget and ensure the associations operate within the agreed budget
- Provide technical support to the Associations Manager and the agreed serviced Associations, including assistance with the organisation of meetings, record taking and follow-up actions.
- Liaise with horizontal committees, government departments, European Associations and other stakeholders and ensure that members of serviced associations are aware of relevant discussions internally and take part in the development of policy positions.
What skills/experience do I need for this role?
- Experience in the food and drink industry
- Responsible self-starter
- Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Willingness to learn & take responsibility for projects
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Very good administrative ability-including accounting competence
- Good ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- IT literate
- Good ability to analyse legislative documents
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.