Hunter Merrifield are very pleased to be working with the membership group which campaigns to make London the best city in the world to do business. They convene and mobilise business leaders to tackle the key challenges facing our capital with their membership comprising over 200 leading employers across a wide range of sectors.
There are two new roles within the Business Development Team that will support the organisations commercial income and member recruitment goals. It is an ideal opportunity for a creative, intelligent and ambitious professional with 2-3 years experience who is keen to develop a career in sales and account management.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
The day-to-day responsibilities involve a combination of sales support, market analysis, lead development, administration and - eventually - direct sales.
- Providing essential sales support to the Head of Business Development and Executive Director - Commercial including: identifying new leads, phoning and email prospect organisations, and writing up various types of communications on behalf of your colleagues.
- Providing marketing analysis including maintaining up-do-date gap analysis and mapping stakeholder connections.
- Coordinating lead development and managing the leads process through direct marketing as well as other various communications.
- Administering the team activities including updating CRM, taking meeting notes and other ad hoc tasks as required.
- As you develop in the role, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your own direct sales abilities. This includes selling tickets to conferences and events, selling exhibitor stands, and - in time - closing new membership opportunities.
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
- Enthusiasm for sales and customer service as demonstrated through recent professional experience in a front-of-house or direct sales role.
- Strong self-management abilities as demonstrated by handling potentially stressful situations successfully in a work context.
- Creative and adaptable as evidenced through recent academic, professional or personal projects
- Articulate with an ability to converse to current political and business trends
- Self-confident with an ability to handle unpredictable scenarios and challenges successfully
- Strong written skills
- Creative presentation skills such as debating experience, promotional presentations or equivalent
- Enthusiasm for technology and finding technology-based solutions to day-to-day tasks.
What Key Skills do I need?
- Intelligent, articulate and resourceful
- Enthusiasm for dealing with people, undaunted by more senior figures or challenging tasks
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-awareness with an ability to learn from mistakes and address weaknesses.
- Honesty with the self-confidence to feedback clearly to colleagues.
If your experiences match what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.