Admissions and Referrals Administrator
Salary - £22919 to £242184
Type - Temporary
Duration - 3-4 months
Work pattern - Office based role with the option of working full time or part time (3/4 days a week)
Hours - 8-4 or 9-5 or 10-6
Start - ASAP
Location - SW London
*please note due to the nature of the organisation:
- You will be expected to take a lateral flow test everyday before work and PCR once a week.
- The successful temporary candidate can apply for the permanent post, but will be expected to be fully vaccinated by April 2022.
An interim position has become available within a well respected Hospice based in South London. Our client is looking for an experienced and professional Administrator to take on the following tasks:
- To be the first point of contact for all queries from patients; their carers and health and social care professionals
- Provide excellent administrative support for referral (internal and external), admission and discharge processes
- To ensure patients, their friends and families are allocated to the right service, with the right professional, at the right time
- To provide administrative support to Patient Services Staff when required
- Assist patients /clients during incidental contacts
- Provide non-clinical advice, information to patients/clients/relatives/other stakeholders
- Participates in audits and research
- Collates information pertaining to surveys or outcome measures as required
- Coordinate and amend clinic appointments where necessary, including identification and booking of key resources such as staff, rooms and transport
- Plan and organise straightforward activities such as allocation of patients to caseloads in the Electronic Health Record
- Understands where admin resources are most likely to be of benefit and proactively considers issues related to cover, informing manager accordingly
What the client is looking for:
- Communicates tactfully with patient and staff about referrals or appointments, deals with enquiries where there may be barriers to understanding.
- Contact with anxious patients and relatives, where there may be cultural or language difficulties
- Communicate administrative information to staff from other departments, and external contacts
- Maintains working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates compassion for the those using our services, including all stakeholders
- Actively promotes the range of services available to all those who need them
- Ability to perform a range of work procedures and practices, including the use of an electronic health record system
- Knowledge of routine administrative procedures and moderate level of IT literacy, including the use of Word, Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Resolve issues relating to schedule or calendar conflicts
- Able to identify trends/patterns in referrals, admissions and enquiries and report accordingly
- Ability to prioritise own workload with minimal assistance from supervisor/manager
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.