Hunter Merrifield are very pleased to partner with the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) to find an Administrator to join a friendly team in the London office, supporting the recently merged Research and Publishing teams.
Job title: Administrator: Research & Publishing
Organisation: British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Location: Fitzrovia, London (W1T), with potential for hybrid remote working options
Contract / Hours: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours p/w)
Hybrid: 2 days a week in the office
Closing date: Monday, August 12th, 2022
Required: CV and Cover Letter
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is a professional membership body for dermatologists in the UK. They represent doctors who specialise in skin disease, for the wider benefit of patients, carers and the public.
The successful Administrator will join a total team of 46 staff working across a range of different areas, including Education and the British College of Dermatology, Conference and Events, Clinical Standards, Communications, and Clinical Services.
- Support the Research team in administrative work for our three registries: BADBIR, ASTAR and UKKCC as well as other the other Research and Journal committees
- Set up meeting dates/agendas in collaboration with the wider team
- Book rooms and catering through the Facilities Officer
- Minute formal committee meetings or provide actions for informal meetings
- Process research bursary applications, including organising committee meetings, correspondence, advertising and circulation of papers
- Support the BADBIR team in sending out monthly emails to pharmaceutical companies
- Support the Research Manager in tracking and managing data access requests as well as updating the publication list
- Other project work that may be assigned from time to time either from Research or Publishing
- Manage membership of committees, including advertising / confirming new appointments, monitoring terms of office for committee members, collating Declaration of Interests forms, sending induction documents to new committee members
- Experience in an administrative role or similar role in a charity or similar healthcare organisation
- Interest in scientific or medical research funding administration
- Experience of providing high-quality, precise minutes
- High computer literacy with accurate word processing skills and sound knowledge of Windows based applications and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Teams and SharePoint / OneDrive (or similar cloud-based storage)
- Ability to proofread accurately
- Ability to produce high-quality documentation
For more information on the Administrator role, please contact Akash Mahmud at Hunter Merrifield.
Along with BAD, we want to practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.