Administrative Secretary to the Head of Finance / International Financial Secretary & Africa Audit Coordinator
Starting salary: £38,263.47 plus travel to work allowance of £3,500 pa
Hours: 35 per week
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme; 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum
Hunter Merrifield is currently working with a worldwide evangelical Christian church to recruit an Administrative Secretary.
This is an important position within the Business Administration Department at International Headquarters that provides secretarial and administrative support to both the IHQ Head of Finance (UK Operations) and the International Financial Secretary & SAITCo Company Secretary.
This varied and challenging post involves responsibility for a wide range of administrative tasks as well as acting as the Africa Audit Coordinator involving liaison with appointed external auditors and territories to coordinate audit work. In addition to exemplary secretarial/administration skills, the successful candidate will show proficiency in multi-tasking, planning and prioritising workloads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial service to produce word-processed correspondence, documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Organise departmental/interdepartmental meetings.
- Ensure that an effective file and information retrieval system is maintained. Devise and manage an electronic filing system, including distribution and filing.
- Manage and maintain diaries, arranging meetings and appointments as required and ensuring necessary facilities are in place.
- Assist the HoF in the collation of required material relating to the annual Trustee Report for The Salvation Army International Trust and The Salvation Army Retired Officers Allowance Scheme.
- Carry out supplier verification checks for IHQ Accounts and proscribed organisation checks for project partners for IHQ progress.
- Arrange annual purchase of medical malpractice insurance by IHQ on behalf of implementing territories including the periodic issue of a survey to institutions via Zonal Offices.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Africa Audit Programme involving liaison with the appointed external auditor (London Office and African Office), IHQ stakeholders (including IHQ BA, IHQ Audit and Zonal Office) and Territorial Leadership and BA Teams.
- Secretarial/administrative/PA background - Previous experience of working in a busy professional office environment at an executive level.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office 365 Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, working with statistical and financial data
- Good general education including Maths, and English, Finance and Accounting basics and principles.
- Working knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles.
- Ability to cope with mundane tasks as well as activities that require initiative.
- Ability to attend Boards and Meetings as Recording Secretary and managing Agendas, Minutes and
- communicating actions and tracking follow up activities.
- A degree of flexibility to get the job done to achieve the task.
- Comfortable working with and manipulating financial and statistical data.
For more information on the role, please contact Akash Mahmud at Hunter Merrifield.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.