The organisation works in around 25 developing countries and emerging economies every year. There are a registered UK charity who provide consultancy and training for organisations and manage multi-year projects for international funders ranging from the European Union to the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The organisation takes a business-like approach and are independent and non-political. They are now going through a period of expansion and change, which includes the need to streamline business processes to meet increasing demands.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To assist in the organisation of projects related tasks such as travel arrangements, visas, contracts, budgets, course schedules, reports, invoicing and liaising with clients, consultants and suppliers.
- To assist in the financial administration of projects including scanning, filing and preparation of reports.
- To take minutes during our weekly and quarterly meetings and circulate weekly minutes to team members on a timely manner.
- To support trainees and the team during the UK based courses: welcoming the trainees at the airport and assisting them during their stay, setting and clearing the training room, preparing the technical equipment, accompanying them to touristic locations or outlets.
- To work closely with the team and ensure they are kept up to date on staff availability and on current projects.
- To maintain filing systems and database records.
- Under supervision of the Head of Finance; to undertake financial tasks including processing electronic payments, maintain payment and sales invoice registers; to check expenses for accuracy, to liaise with bankers on payments, currency withdrawals, deposits etc, to check credit card statements; to assist with the annual audit preparation, including completion of all project documentation.
- To carry out general office duties e.g. Screen calls and take messages, meeting and greeting clients and visitors, signing for and distributing mail and courier packages, researching, pricing, and purchasing office supplies.
- To perform general clerical duties that include but are not limited to photocopying, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- To adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
Normal office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 5.00, although extra duties may be required, as well as attendance at functions at other times.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good level of IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines
- Experience of database management
- Knowledge of financial systems and basic accounts
- Experience of dealing with international travel logistics
- Budgeting, including use of Excel
- Self-starter and flexible, "can do" attitude
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Good "people person" and team player
- Highly numerate with an exceptional eye for detail
- Well presented
Willingness to work flexibly in line with the changing needs of the organisation
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.