Kings Cross, London
£150-£180 per day
The IOP is a global membership network and charity at the forefront of the Physics community. They run a range of programmes that deliver an impact across education and business and work closely with policymakers to create increased awareness and understanding of the value that physics holds for all of us.
The IOP is passionate about recognition within this sector and has an established and widely recognised Awards scheme. These awards reflect the breadth of work in the physics community - spanning academia, industry, education, and outreach. This is a busy and exciting time for the team, so they are now looking to take on a confident, data-driven Project Manager to support this programme for a period of 3 -4 months.
What would I be doing on a day to day basis?
This is a diverse role with a variety of responsibilities and the successful candidate will work with teams across the organisation. Your day to day task will be split into the following areas:
- Ensure successful delivery of 50 Groups managing governance, committees, budgets, member participation and digital presence as well as progressing potential new groups
Business Innovation & Growth Group:
- Build a delivery schedule for Business Innovation and Growth Group (network to support entrepreneurs and physicists/innovators in small, medium and large businesses), running workshops and events across nations and regions
- Run sector-focussed open innovation programmes to address industry challenges
- Deliver the IOP's prestigious Awards programme (science awards, honorary fellows, Philips award), including coordination across other departments and marketing to stakeholders
- Increase engagement and impact of Business awards, ensuring high value to winners
- Identify and manage partnerships to add value to programmes, adding delivery capacity and expanding market reach
- Lead business innovation and entrepreneurial workshops to support entrepreneurial physicists and start-up businesses.
- Manage relationships with senior level stakeholders including the Institute's members, it's Science & Innovation and Groups Committee members, as well as political, academic and industrial contacts
What do I need to be successful in this post?
- You will be a natural self-starter, with lots of energy and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise, and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands.
- Ability to see the "big picture" while managing several small projects.
- Comfortable reporting works orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand, apply and use software applications including advanced skills in Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
I am thrilled to be supporting the IOP with this dynamic post, so if you are looking to join a progressive and vibrant organisation, apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.