Business Support Officer
Type - Temporary
Salary - £14.83ph (£27k)
Duration - 6-9 months
Hours - 9-5 (35hr week)
Location - Remote but will occasionally need to go in for meetings (Hubs located nationally)
Please note: Pre-employment checks will be required for the role.
Our client is a leading children charity based in central London. They are looking for an experienced Business Support professional to take responsibility for ensuring all services are provided in an efficient and effective manner. You will also be tasked with the supervision of staff if required e.g. admin assistant time and there may also be responsibility for supervising volunteers who are assisting with administrative tasks.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Premises and Facilities Management
- Provide and/or supervise the provision of an effective, service user friendly reception service.
- Provide and/or supervise the provision of efficient office systems, e.g. opening and distributing post, message taking, room booking and staff movement systems.
- In agreement with the appropriate manager, and in accordance with Barnardo's policies and procedures, ensure the service is equipped with the necessary furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Liaise with staff from Property and Facilities Management (PFM) or external landlords as appropriate to ensure premises and vehicles used by the service are fit for purpose and well maintained.
- Undertake tasks delegated from the appropriate manager to ensure the premises and vehicles used by the service are secure and that systems to maintain security and safety are operating effectively. (This may involve key holder responsibilities.)
- As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake or supervise health and safety and fire safety responsibilities.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Monitor income and expenditure against original budget and revised forecasts.
- Prepare audit information and reports as required.
- Complete or supervise the completion of appropriate invoice paperwork.
- Ensure income is recorded and receipted according to Barnardo's policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
- Ensure income is banked in a timely, safe and secure way.
- Manage the Imprest account to support effective and timely service delivery.
- Ensure invoices are coded according to Barnardo's requirements by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
- Maintain the required documentation regarding invoicing and commitments.
- Ensure staff and volunteer expenses are paid in a timely manner according to Barnardo's policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
- As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake journal transfers.
- Undertake required checking processes including payroll reconciliation in a timely manner at the agreed frequency.
- Ensure that systems to make required regular payments to carers and/or service users are in place and implemented efficiently in line with Barnardo's UK policies and local procedures.
Service user records' administration
- Undertake or supervise the administration of service users' referrals from external agencies.
- Undertake or supervise the administration of maintaining service user records.
- As required, assist in supporting access to records by service users and information sharing to external agencies.
- Production of management information
Support and provision of secretarial/administrative services
- Carry out directly and/or supervise the provision of all secretarial/administrative duties as required to support the delivery of the service.
What the client is looking for:
- Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills at a level which will enable post holder to perform moderately difficult calculations and produce reports.
- Proven substantial experience of using IT packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases, Windows applications.
- Experience of operating financial systems including petty cash, budget monitoring and control.
- Experience of premises/facilities management.
- Experience of managing complex financial systems including financial reporting and audit.
- Able to manage the office, service and staff in a confidential, innovative, adaptive and consistent manner.
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.