Programme Manager (Business - Groups & Awards)
Kings Cross, London
The team at Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be representing the Institute of Physics (IOP) with the newly created role of Programme Manager (Business - Groups & Awards).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven Business Development and Client Relationship Management experience to lead the IOP's Business Awards programme and its new Business Innovation and Growth Group. This latest addition to the IOP's specialist interest groups is a strategically important network, providing a vital source of support to business leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators in small, medium and large businesses. The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the IOP's special interest groups and delivering its prestigious Awards programme through the line management of the two Groups and Award Officers.
What is your role in this?
The role involves handling multiple budgets, line management of staff and management of operational inter-dependencies across the department as well as working with other departments and external partner organisations and stakeholders.
Business Innovation and Growth Group
- Increase member engagement and drive up customer satisfaction metric
- Develop activities such as innovation forums, trade missions and technology exhibits
- Engage funders and investors in the network
- Help to grow tenancy of the IOP affordable workspace servicing an unmet demand of start-ups coming out of the Universities
- Work with team members to develop partnerships with affordable workspace providers, incubators and accelerators across the UK and Ireland making the Group the 'one stop shop' for physics-based business innovation and growth.
- Lead the IOP's Business awards, ensuring high value to winners and their wider participation in IOP for business
- Increase the number of applications, ensuring gender, regional and national inclusivity
- Develop collateral and digital content to promote the role of physics in business
- Key role in Parliamentary reception to celebrate the success of award winners and responsible for ensuring the engagement of senior stakeholders in Government, Business and Funding bodies
- Ensure successful delivery of 50 Groups managing governance, committees, budgets, member participation and digital presence as well as progressing potential new groups
- Oversee the IOP's prestigious Awards programme (science awards, honorary fellows, Philips award), including coordination across other departments and marketing to stakeholders
- Provide team leadership and support skills development of the team
- Monitor, evaluate and report the impact of programmes
- Maintain awareness of the science and innovation political and funding landscape.
What qualifications or experience do you need to succeed?
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
- STEM or relevant degree - desirable
- Business support and/or knowledge transfer experience - desirable
- Knowledge of UK science and innovation landscape - desirable
What skills do you need to succeed?
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Computer literate
Why do you want to work here?
You want to work for a charitable membership organisation with a worldwide membership from enthusiastic amateurs to those at the top of their sector in academia, business, education and government.
This is an exciting time to join the team in the central London office. As they move into the next phase of our five-year strategy, which will include their move to the heart of the redevelopment in King's Cross, close to knowledge quarter partners such as British Library, Wellcome Trust and Google, we are seeking new talent to help us create a contemporary organisation that is fit for the future.
In addition to a competitive salary and professional development opportunities, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, private medical insurance and generous annual leave. We also offer a range of other benefits including childcare vouchers, gym membership and interest free season ticket loans.
This is a dynamic and professional organisation and you could be a part of it! Apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.