Deputy Regional Manager West Midlands, Oxford and Thames Valley - Membership Support & Global Engagement
This is a part time role (28 hours a week)
Hunter Merrifield are proud to be working with a Royal College playing a pivotal role in setting the standards and through a variety of activities, influences the quality of medical practice in hospitals. They conduct examinations, carry out training, education and research activities and advise the Government and the profession on health and medical matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a close knit and hardworking team where you will be the central focal point of support for members. You will play an important role in planning and organising local education events while providing full administrative support to the regional advisers you will liaise closely with a variety of people including; regional speciality advisers, college tutors, associate college tutors and other regional stakeholders, as well as fellows and members like consultants, doctors in training, or students. This role will involve travel around the region and meetings in external venues and local hospitals.
In this varied role, your responsibilities will include;
- Work together with the regional manager to plan, organise and deliver a wide range of regional educational conferences, training events and the President's annual regional visit in each region held at various key locations across West Midlands & Oxford and Thames Valley.
- Provide administrative support to the regional advisers by organising and servicing regular meetings.
- Assist in the development of local membership support and engagement and participate in the collection of membership and event data while actively seeking opportunities to promote member support to local members.
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders, networks, health care professionals and training providers and deal with any enquiries.
- Work closely with and maintain positive relationships regional staff.
- Manage and Maintain systems, such as CRM, Dotmailer and Survey Monkey.
- Manage the delivery of written examinations and take part inn invigilating exams.
- Co-ordinate the approval process of job descriptions. Providing administrative support for regional stakeholders to facilitate the approval of consultant, associate specialist and specialist registrar job descriptions within the region.
This role would suit a hardworking, passionate team player with charity, professional membership body or health sector experience along with experience of organising conferences, workshops, seminars or public events.
Your experience should also include;
- Customer services and relationship management experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and database systems e.g. CRM
- Experience of financial monitoring and budget management
- Ability to work flexibly
- Willing to travel within the UK
- Driver and/or access to car transport to facilitate travel across the region
If you feel that this is the perfect role for you, please get in touch!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.