- Are you an experienced Project manager?
- Do you have the ability to apply project management principles and techniques to manage a range of complex projects and programmes through to completion?
- Do you have Professional qualifications in project management, or able to evidence knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques?
Hunter Merrifield are currently recruiting 2 Project managers for one of its clients - a professional body and learned society based in central London.
- 2xProject manager
- Contract - 6 months and 12 months
- Hybrid role (mainly remote but need to go to the office if required)
- Salary up to £35,660
Purpose of the job - Project Manager
This role is responsible for defining, planning and managing the delivery of cross-organisational projects and programmes that deliver expected outcomes and benefits to the Institute and its stakeholders.
The Project managers will be expected to drive projects and programmes forward in coordination with the respective teams and management boards/committees, ensuring successful delivery and an effective handover following activity closure.
Main responsibilities of the Project Manager
Project management - 85%
- To apply project/programme management expertise to work across the organisation, reporting to project or programme boards/committees and senior management as required.
- To specify and deliver project/programme plans, securing stakeholder input and commitment from the early stages of an idea through to submission of a detailed proposal.
- To have delegated responsibility for project budget(s) (as appropriate) and to assist with budget/resource/funding management in accordance with the Institute's policies and procedures.
- To engage with project stakeholders to shape and support delivery of the required outcomes, through the defined governance mechanisms.
Programme Office support - 15%
- To provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Programme Office and other PO team members.
- To capture, analyse and present high-quality management information on the delivery of programmes, projects and recurrent activities across the organisation
- To design and produce standard and bespoke reports for relevant boards/committees as required
Person Specification - Project Manager
- Professional qualification in project management, or able to evidence knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques
- Has a drive for results, who can be counted on to meet or exceed goals successfully
- Can manage and measure work effectively, taking responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Has great functional/technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to manage a range of complex projects and programmes through to completion
- Educated to degree level or significant vocational experience
- Ability to learn and adapt to the technical skills required for the job and new ones as they arise.
- Team player - the ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals
- Negotiation skills - the capability to explore different positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance of all parties
- Influencing skills - the ability to bring others to your way of thinking diplomatically
If you think this is the perfect role for you, please APPLY NOW.
For more information on the Project manager role, contact Akash at Hunter Merrifield.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.