I am looking for a parliamentary officer to work within the, Policy and Campaigns team to campaigns and builds political support for long term, sustainable, Government investment within the organisation. This includes building cross party support
The role of Parliamentary Officer is a new role to coordinate our engagement with parliamentarians. The postholder will review and develop our target list, lead outreach to identified targets and organise and attend meetings with parliamentarians. The postholder will steward relationships with parliamentarians, lead involvement in political policy making processes and coordinate events, including school visits.
- Coordinate engagement with parliamentarians
- Regularly review and develop the parliamentarian target list
- Lead outreach to parliamentarians and organise and attend meetings
- Draft content (i.e., parliamentary questions, letters, briefings, press releases) to support parliamentarians
- Engage with political parties' policy making processes
- Support the organisation of parliamentary events
- Monitor interactions with parliamentarians using Salesforce, and produce reports as required
- Ad-hoc support to other team members and other duties as directed by line manager
- Experience of building relationships with parliamentarians
- Understanding of parliamentary processes
- Experience of drafting parliamentary questions, letters, briefings, and press release
- Experience engaging with political party's policy making processes
- Experience of working with, or an understanding of the UK Government
- Experience organising meetings and events
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate messages confidently
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.