London UK, Salary £40,000 per year
Hunter Merrifield are very excited to be working exclusively with an iconic and historic brand that has helped shape and define London. With a beautiful site in the West End they preserve and showcase London's transport, taking you on a journey through the changing times.
The organisation will welcome candidates looking for an adventure. You will be a very important and essential part of a results focused team determined on growing their impact and reach.
As a Corporate Membership Development Manager, you will identify new business prospects; develop them to fruition, managing these relationships through to completion. This work will involve research, making contact, building relationships, writing proposals and applications, closing the deal, establishing mutually beneficial partnerships which expect funder expectations and sustain relationships in the long-term.
What will your day look like?
You will work closely with the Marketing & Development department to develop and deliver the strategy for the Corporate Membership scheme and Thought Leadership programme as part of the Development department strategy and the five-year plan.
You will research, meet and engage with companies and partners that have a good reason to support the organisation. This will include: researching companies, cultivating relationships, actively selling the scheme to prospects, producing proposals and agreeing Member involvement. Prepare and negotiate a legally binding contract for each Member, sponsor or partner.
You will manage relationships with members, sponsors and partners, creating a community that will serve in the long-term including: agreeing objectives from the start of the contractual relationship, managing membership relationships through regular meetings, engagement and evaluation following up with members on agreed future actions. Ensure all communication is coordinated, appropriate and monitored, working proactively with members, sponsors and partners to make use of their contractual benefits and association with the organisation.
You will ensure that contractual obligations are met and that benefits to each funder are maximised, according to agreed objectives, managing member, sponsor or partners expectations. Propose and manage joint initiatives to achieve objectives.
You will prepare regular reports on fundraising progress and strategy, keeping senior colleagues and the Board informed. Liaise with staff to maintain awareness of Marketing and Development department priorities and relationships ensuring that contact between members, sponsors and partners is on message. Evaluate relationships at agreed milestones.
You will deliver the annual Corporate Members Reception, Thought Leadership events programme and other member events as appropriate to further the objectives of the Corporate Membership programme and Development strategy
You will manage the design and production of a range of communication materials and excellent copy which communicates with a range of audiences as required.
Ensure the website is promptly updated with agreed member, sponsor and partner accreditation and information, maintain comprehensive files and records tracing sponsor/donor relationships and ensure the database is developed and maintained. Ensure all data is processed and managed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
What Knowledge and skills do you need to have to be considered for this role?
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office (Essential)
- Working knowledge of fundraising strategy and practice (Essential)
- Working knowledge of fundraising law
- Knowledge of the opportunities available for arts and cultural fundraisers
- Knowledge of the transport sector and the issues affecting it
- Good database management skills and working knowledge of at least one relevant database package
- Understanding of budgetary control and management
- An understanding of the design, production and print process
- Strong knowledge of data protection, privacy law and General Data Protection Regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (Essential)
- A driven approach to meeting targets, while diplomatic and sensitive to the balance between a range of organisational objectives and priorities (Essential)
- Ability to build personal and organisational relationships at all levels (Essential)
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and among time effectively to meet changing and multiple deadlines
- Attention to detail, editing and proof reading skills
- A flexible approach. Able to adapt to a range of social and work situations (Essential)
- Enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated
- Strong Analytical skills
If you would like to know more for an informal chat, please contact Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929 or apply online.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.