Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
Job Title: Membership – Conferences and Events Officer
Fixed term contract until 31 December 2018
Salary– £25,000-£28,000 pro-rata (dependent on experience)
Hours: 35 per week full time – 9.30 AM – 5.30 PM with one-hour lunch break
Reporting to: Conferences and Events Manager
Main duties of the post:
The main responsibility of this role is to support the delivery of a prestigious annual conference in September. You will also support the organisation and delivery of shorter events and meetings taking place at the Society’s headquarters in London, including keynote lectures and those events organised by our special interest sections. You’ll need to be experienced in event organisation, able to prioritise tasks and think on your feet. In short, doing everything needed to produce high quality and successful events. The role will require work away from London for the annual conference and will require event attendance in the evenings in London.
Conference delivery and management
· Working with the Conferences and Events Manager to help promote and market the annual conference
· Be responsible for the organisation of the attendee registration process, including communicating with attendees, ensuring the online registration pages are updated and that financial processes are followed.
· Be responsible for organising and managing the evening social events at conference
· Support the Conferences and Events Manager with other tasks relating to the conference organisation (including speaker coordination, exhibitor registration, venue liaison).
· Be responsible for the administration of the grant application process
· During the conference week, run the Registration Desk, managing a team of volunteers
· During the conference week, support the Conferences and Events Manager with the logistical delivery of the conference
· Contribute to the conference evaluation process
Other events delivery management:
· Maintain and update the events software system
· Manage the online registration process, including attendee communication and financial processing
· Update event websites and assist with promoting events
· Produce any material required for attendees
· Liaise with event organisers in advance of the event and assist with on-site event delivery as required in conjunction with the venue team
· Attend and cover evening events when required to ensure smooth running
Job specific competencies
· Event administration experience
· Excellent project management and organisation skills
· Experience of working with a database
· The ability to interact with a wide range of people
· Flexible and adaptable, self-motivated, with good attention to detail
· The ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
· Positive and enthusiastic with a commitment to delivering high quality service
· Ability to undertake travel within the UK
· Willing to work outside core hours on an occasional basis
Pension: Defined contribution scheme which can be joined after three months in post. Your contributions of up to 8% of salary will be double matched by the Society (making a maximum contribution by the Society of 16%)
Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus bank holidays and an additional close down between Christmas and the New Year period.
Other benefits: season ticket loan.
To apply please carefully read the detailed job profile and job specific competencies and then submit your CV
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28 March.