Assistant Director of Innovation
We are thrilled to be working with one of the most dynamic and forward thinking charities in the UK to support them in hiring a new Assistant Director of Innovation. This is a brand new role, offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to personally make direct social impact at a critical point in their career.
The primary objective of this role will be to develop and pilot new services, interventions or approaches which will enable the charity achieve its goals. By developing new products or pilot programmes, this post holder will be testing options for the expansion of the scale, scope and depth of the charity's Services, ensuring an integrated and sustainable approach and informing a culture shift across the whole charity.
What will my responsibilities be?
- To build, lead and develop a high performing Innovation team with a collective sense of purpose.
- To play a leading role in the Wider Management Team, to oversee the development and delivery of cross-organisational strategies, programmes and projects as delegated by the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- To oversee the development of strategic partnerships with local and national
- stakeholders, best-in-business consultants and suppliers, ensuring cost effective
- service, clear compliance and a commitment to the charity's values and goals.
- Lead the development of an
integrated Innovation strategy, and related framework, processes, plans and
activities, across a broad portfolio to meet and exceed KPIs and ensure long term
sustainable organisational growth.
- As a senior member of the SMT, to actively contribute to the development
and evaluation of organisational strategy, related priorities, objectives and
Budgets, Planning & Reporting:
- To lead the development of robust business plans and budgets, multiyear
forecasts and KPIs, as well as systems for monitoring and evaluating
Innovation activities in line with agreed divisional and organisational
- To co-create with internal functional experts a simple and robust Services
Innovation Framework which sets out the approach and criteria to scoping and testing new services.
- To develop business cases, risk assessment, safeguarding policies, plans
and budgets for new initiatives and to ensure effective processes, data
management and reporting frameworks to assess progress and ensure a
continuous test and learn approach for outcomes focussed improvement.
What do I need to be successful in this role:
Essential evidence of:
- Operating at a senior level in a complex organisation, with a proven track
record of success in innovative service design, innovation labs or ideation,
business case development, feasibility, costing and implementation of new
- Knowledge of agile project management.
- Senior level experience of implementing new interventions and leading
delivery programmes nationally or locally, and of creating step-change
growth in service reach and impact.
- A commitment to test and learn approaches and evaluation.
- Senior level expertise of leading/motivating/inspiring staff, leading culture
change, and overseeing new processes & systems.
- Senior level experience developing/managing/monitoring business
cases and complex, six-figure budgets and financial literacy. Undertaking
forecasting reporting, providing key insights and corrective action.
- Working in cross-functional management teams to lead and deliver
complex change programmes during periods of major organisational
- Building, developing and managing strategic partnerships with best-in business
suppliers, ensuring the development of clear briefs, value-for-money,
achievement of results, compliance and commitment to our values and
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.