ROLE: Sponsorship and Commercial Executive
Job Type: Full time, Permanent Contract
SALARY: Up to £30k
LOCATION: Central London
Hunter Merrifield is excited to be working with a membership organisation that represents and advises UK food and drink manufacturers; they are the voice of the UK food and drink industry.
We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional or a candidate with proven experience building commercial relationships with corporate partners. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maximising commercial income streams to support the organisations work for its members.
This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic, credible and self-motivated candidate to support this team to achieve its targets as well as an opportunity to develop their skills in negotiation, events coordination and stakeholder management.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Assisting the team in researching and developing new commercial opportunities.
- Researching and approaching sponsorship prospects by telephone and email.
- Account managing corporate partnerships with high value.
- Managing paid marketing and sponsorship relationships.
- Managing the commercial training income stream.
- Creating and maintaining records on the membership CRM.
- Compiling a database list of call targets and maintaining records.
- Maintaining invoicing spreadsheets and arranging billing.
- Providing support at membership events.
- Occasional administrative support for the team and the Membership and Commercial Director.
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
To be considered for this role you will need to be self-motivated and results driven, committed to reaching stringent commercial targets. You will have:
- Excellent negotiating skills, persuasive and polite, with the ability to quickly and confidently grasp the membership offer and communicate the benefits via telephone, email or face-to-face.
- Experience of working in demanding commercial, sales or sponsorship role.
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Calm under pressure whilst appreciating key targets need to be achieved.
- Experience of working within the following: trade association, fundraising, sales/ marketing qualification would be desirable
What Key Skills do I need?
- Good research skills, with the ability to use a variety of sources.
- Excellent IT skills including use of database and content management systems.
- Proven experience of working in a sales role (either paid or intern), where marketing calls and/ or regular customer contact formed a key part of the role.
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English.
If your experience matches what we are looking for and you are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.