Assistant Director of Service Delivery
We are thrilled to be working with one of the most dynamic and forward thinking charities in the UK to support them in hiring a new Assistant Director of Service Delivery. This is a brand new role, offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to be To be accountable and responsible for the strategic leadership and management of all departments, plans and activities designed to drive service delivery.
The post-holder will work with the Director of Services to create a Service Delivery strategy and work as a lead member of the Services Management Team. In addition, the post-holder will work with Heads of Service to develop individual departmental strategies, objectives and an effective programme of delivery across all services.
What will my responsibilities be?
- To provide Service Delivery leadership, direction and expertise to drive the
aims and objectives of the charity. To play a leading role in both the
Services Management Team and Wider Management Team, to oversee the
development and delivery of cross-organisational strategies, programmes
and projects as delegated by the Senior Management Team
(SMT). To deputise for the Director of Services as required. Model leadership
behaviours - building relationships at all levels, facilitating co-operation,
harnessing the talents of functional experts and always acting with utmost
integrity and professionalism.
- To oversee the development of strategic partnerships with local and national
stakeholders, best-in-business consultants and suppliers, ensuring cost effective
service, clear compliance and a commitment to the charity's
values and goals.
- As an identified area of strategic importance, to lead the development of
an integrated and effective Service Delivery strategy, and related plans and
activities, across a broad portfolio including Wellbeing services, Information
and Advice services and Volunteering recruitment and engagement to meet
and exceed service KPIs and ensure long-term sustainable organisational
- To provide strategic direction for delivery and growth of Information and
Advice Services including online and print Public Information, the helpline (including outsourced delivery of Tier 1 and in-house Tier 2
Advice) and members grants.
- To provide strategic direction for delivery and growth of Volunteer services
including Volunteer recruitment and development.
- To provide strategic direction for safeguarding activity and
ensure this is aligned with risk and reputational management frameworks.
- To work with the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications to align
service growth and strategic marketing planning and to ensure alignment
between volunteer and service user pipelines.
- To work with the Assistant Director of Fundraising and Assistant Director of
Marketing & Communications to capitalise on opportunities to build public
profile and sustainably grow voluntary income.
What do I need to be successful in this post?
- A strong working knowledge of a wide range services that support older
people and deliver positive outcomes.
- Senior level experience of leading delivery programmes nationally and
locally, and of creating step-change growth in service reach and impact.
- Senior level expertise of significantly growing services and programmes,
leading/motivating/inspiring diverse departments, leading culture change,
and overseeing new processes & systems.
- Senior level experience developing/managing/monitoring complex, seven figure
budgets. Undertaking forecasting reporting, providing key insights
and corrective action.
- Senior level experience working with fundraising teams to develop funding
package proposals and grant/gift terms and conditions.
- A strong working knowledge of working with a range of service
infrastructure and systems including data management and related CRM
systems, telephony systems and client management systems to deliver
- Working in cross-functional management teams to lead and deliver
complex change programmes during periods of major organisational
- Building, developing and managing strategic partnerships with best in-
business suppliers (including managing outsourced service delivery
contracts), ensuring development of clear briefs, value-for-money,
achievement of results, compliance and commitment to our values and goals.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.